Don’t suffer in silence any longer – call us now for bad breath treatment in Melbourne.
What Causes Bad Breath?
Bacteria living in our mouths can break down proteins and release bad smelling sulphur waste. This can be exacerbated by proteins found in the coatings of our mouths and in our diets. By eliminating the coatings from the mouth that contain proteins and by reducing certain proteins in a person’s diet, our bad breath dentist can fight bad breath.
Bad breath can be caused or worsened by:
- Foods such as garlic, onions and spices
- Tobacco products
- Certain diseases and health problems
- Poor oral hygiene
- Dry mouth
- Certain medications
What Can Help Kill Bad Breath?
There are numerous steps you can take to kill bad breath before consulting with a bad breath specialist, including:
- Brushing and flossing frequently to remove plaque and bacteria
- Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash
- Avoiding foods that can affect the breath, such as onion and garlic
- Scraping your tongue to rid it of bacteria
- Giving up smoking
- Chewing sugar-free gum after meals to stimulate saliva
- Keeping your gums in a healthy condition
Despite following the bad breath solutions above, some people may find that they still experience bad breath. This is known as chronic bad breath.
Can Chronic Bad Breath Be Cured?
Yes, chronic bad breath can be cured with a combination of lifestyle changes and use of specialised bad breath treatment products. Consulting with a bad breath dentist is the best way to gain access to the most effective bad breath treatment in Melbourne.
How to Treat Bad Breath Effectively
Treating bad breath requires the establishment of a good mix of bacteria in the mouth and throat. In addition to reducing certain proteins in your diet, there are two ways to combat bad breath:
- Products – At our bad breath clinic in Melbourne, we offer a Bad Breath Recovery Program which is a complete system of clinically proven solutions to treat bad breath with products such as kForce and Breeze care.
- Consultation – In a 30-minute consultation, our bad breath dentist can conduct an Oral-Chroma test and measure up to 5 different gases that exist in the mouth. Of these 5, we are concerned with 3 main gases that cause bad breath. Upon identification, our bad breath specialist can offer bad breath solutions that are tailored to you.
Contact Our Bad Breath Clinic in Melbourne Today
If you’re seeking effective treatment from a bad breath specialist in Melbourne, make an appointment today with East Bentleigh Dental Group. We offer a range of bad breath solutions that can help to improve bad breath and restore your confidence. Call us now on (03) 9575 1100, or simply fill out our online booking form.