East Bentleigh Dental Group is committed to providing high-quality dental care to our patients. Our experienced team of cosmetic dentists use the latest technology and techniques to deliver excellent results for our patients. When you choose us for composite or porcelain dental veneers in Melbourne, you can expect:
While the condition of the teeth is important from a physical health point of view, it’s also important to have teeth that are free from breakages, cracks or stains. However, there are times when an individual may need a little help improving the appearance of their smile, which is where dental veneers can be beneficial. Our veneers in Melbourne can be used to cover up chipped, discoloured, misaligned or misshapen teeth, hiding these imperfections for a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Our veneers procedure can vary depending on whether you’re getting composite or porcelain veneers. Our porcelain veneers procedure involves:
The process for getting composite veneers is similar, except they can be fitted in a single appointment instead of requiring multiple appointments.
In an initial appointment at our clinic, we’ll determine whether veneers or one of our other cosmetic dentistry treatments would be better suited to your requirements. If we settle on dental veneers, we’ll provide you with information on our available Melbourne veneers options (porcelain and composite) so you can choose a treatment that suits you best.
Veneers offer several benefits, including:
It’s also important to be aware of the disadvantages of veneers, which can include:
Veneers in Melbourne are a suitable treatment for patients with:
Composite veneers are made from composite resin, while porcelain veneers are fabricated from porcelain. While porcelain veneers are more expensive than composite veneers, porcelain is considered to be the superior material for veneers, as it has a more realistic appearance, is more resistant to staining, and is longer lasting. At East Bentleigh Dental Group, we recommend porcelain veneers in order to achieve the best smile possible.
Here are some of the pros and cons of each treatment:.
Our procedure for dental veneers in Melbourne typically involves the following steps:
1. Consultation and planning – The first step is to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic dentist. During this initial appointment, our dentist will carefully examine your teeth, discuss your goals and expectations, and determine if our Melbourne veneers are the right option for you. Other factors such as tooth colour, shape, size and alignment will also be taken into account to create a customised treatment plan that suits your specific needs.
2. Tooth preparation – Once a treatment plan has been established, our dentist will prepare your teeth for veneer placement. This involves removing a thin layer of enamel from the front surface of the teeth in order to ensure a proper fit for the veneers. The amount of enamel removed is minimal but can vary from patient to patient.
3. Impression – After tooth preparation, our dentist will take an impression of your teeth if you’re getting porcelain veneers. This involves using a dental putty or digital scanner to create an accurate mould of your teeth, which will serve as a guide for the dental laboratory to fabricate your porcelain veneers. Once the veneers are ready, you’ll need to return to our clinic to have them placed.
4. Temporary veneers (required for porcelain veneers only) – Temporary veneers may be necessary when porcelain veneers are chosen. These temporary veneers provide protection to the prepared teeth while your porcelain veneers are being crafted.
5. Veneer placement – The composite or porcelain veneers will be carefully bonded to your teeth using a special dental adhesive. Before permanently attaching them, our dentist will ensure that the colour, shape and fit are ideal.
6. Final adjustments – After the veneers are cemented on, our dentist will make any necessary final adjustments. This may include trimming or shaping the veneers for optimal bite alignment and comfort while ensuring a natural-looking and aesthetically pleasing smile.
If veneers aren’t the right treatment for you, there are several alternatives to our Melbourne veneers available, including:
After your veneers procedure, it’s important to follow your dentist’s instructions for proper care and maintenance. This may include:
Patients should avoid chewing on hard objects, such as ice or pens, and avoid using their teeth to open packages or bottles. Additionally, they should wear a mouthguard if they participate in sports or activities that may lead to dental injuries.
In the event of any issues with their veneers, patients should contact East Bentleigh Dental Group right away to schedule an appointment.
If you are interested in enhancing your smile with porcelain veneers, contact East Bentleigh Dental Group today to schedule a complimentary consultation. Our experienced dental team can discuss your options and create a personalised treatment plan that meets your needs. We also offer payment plan options in addition to providing health insurance rebates. Call us on (03) 9575 1100 to learn more about our Melbourne veneers options.
Porcelain veneers are not permanent, but they can last up to 10-15 years with proper care.
The number of veneers needed often depends on a number of factors, such as the condition of a patient’s teeth as well as their budget. Typically, veneers are placed on the front 4 teeth or the front 8 or 10 teeth. It’s not recommended for veneers to be placed on the first 6 teeth, as this can look unnatural.
While porcelain veneers are resistant to stains, they can still discolour over time due to certain factors such as smoking or consuming highly pigmented food and drinks.
No, the procedure for getting veneers in Melbourne should not be painful when performed by an experienced dentist. Before the procedure begins, your dentist will numb your mouth with a local anaesthetic to ensure no pain is felt. While patients may feel a sensation of pressure while the teeth are being worked on, this sensation should be free of pain.
The procedure for porcelain veneers usually takes two to three visits, depending on the complexity of the case. Composite veneers can be placed in a single appointment.
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on the number of teeth being treated and the complexity of the case. East Bentleigh Dental Group offers a complimentary consultation to discuss treatment options and pricing of porcelain dental veneers in Melbourne.