While they may seem like common sense, we feel it is important to outline them here so everyone has a clear idea of their entitlements as a patient:
- You have a right to be seen by a dentist every time you receive dental treatment.
- You have a right to ask about alternative treatments and be explained, in language you can understand, the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
- You have a right to know the education, qualifications and training of your dentist and the dental team.
- You have a right to know the type and expected cost of treatment in advance.
- You have a right to expect the dental team to always use appropriate infection and sterilisation controls.
- You have a right to ask your dentist to explain all possible treatment options regardless of coverage or cost.
- You have a right to be treated in a professional and ethical manner by your dentist and dental team.
- You have a right to schedule an appointment with the dentist of your choice.
If you would like to know more about the types of treatments we offer at East Bentleigh Dental Group in Melbourne, please contact us today for a consultation.