Our children’s dentists and therapists are a team of experienced and patient staff led by Mr Victor Antoniou and Ms Tran Pham. We recommend that parents start bringing their children to the dentist at age two, or six months following the eruption of their first teeth – whichever comes first.
Caring for Your Child’s Teeth
Successful children’s dentistry starts with a positive example in the home. We recommend the following tips for maintaining your child’s oral hygiene and developing good habits early:
- Use a clean, damp cloth to clean your infant’s gums twice daily
- Begin brushing your child’s teeth as soon as they erupt. Use a small, soft-bristled toothbrush and a little dab of fluoride toothpaste
- Due to lower salivary flow while sleeping, brushing at night is essential in preventing cavities and plaque build-up. Help your child brush their teeth every night before bed
- By age 5 your child should be able to brush his or her own teeth with proper instruction and supervision
- We should see your child after their second birthday to assess growth and development